Saint John Nepomucene Catholic Church


Saint John Nepomucene Catholic Church photo of Saint John Nepomucene Catholic Church
In 1885 Bohemian immigrants founded Saint John Nepomucene Catholic Church named for the patron saint of Czechoslovakia. The settlers, most of whom emigrated from Prague, named their community Praga. This Gothic Revival church was built as a frame structure in 1890; the steeple and bell were added in 1893, in 1926 the church was clad in fieldstone. The altar and some statues date from 1894. Since its founding, Saint John Church has been served by neighboring priests.
 

Photo courtesy of Jeff Campbell

Registered Site L1883
Erected 1995

Location: M-32 and St. John Rd
Jordan Township, Antrim County

Topics:
Catholic Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.1026076 W85.0392866
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.