Methodist Episcopal Church


Methodist Episcopal Church photo of Methodist Episcopal Church
In 1891 the Reverend Daniel Webster Hammond and seven members chartered the Methodist Episcopal Church of Montrose. The next year a church was erected on this site; however, a growing congregation demanded a larger building. The present church was constructed in 1924. Since the 1890s the Methodist church has served as a community center, hosting Independence Day festivities, high school orchestra and choral recitals, commencement exercises and charity events.
 

Registered Site L1879
Erected 1993

Location: 158 E. State
Montrose, Genesee County

Topics:
Methodist Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.176262 W83.894994
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.