Saint Paul Catholic School and Convent


Saint Paul Catholic School and Convent photo of Saint Paul Catholic School and Convent
In 1886 the Convent of the Sacred Heart began providing free education to the children of Saint Paul Catholic Parish. In 1926 the church committee decided to build an elementary and high school. Ground was broken in January 1927. A new convent constructed behind the school housed the Dominican nuns who served as teachers. The Detroit architectural firm Smith, Hinchman & Grylls, designed the original portions of both structures. Additions were built in 1951 and 1963.
 

Registered Site L1878b
Erected 1993

Location: 170 Grosse Pointe Blvd.
Grosse Pte Farms, Wayne County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.3962876 W82.8927415
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.