Troy Township


Troy Township photo of Troy Township
In 1827 the Michigan Territorial Legislative Council created Troy Township. Stephen V.R. Trowbridge and Riley Crooks were elected supervisor and clerk. Township meetings were held in houses and barns until 1848 when a frame hall was built on this site. That structure served until 1927 when a brick building was completed on the northwest corner. The old hall was removed in 1941. Between 1927 and 1940 portions of Troy Township were annexed by Royal Oak, Birmingham and Clawson. The remaining thirty-three square miles became the city of Troy in 1955.
 

Registered Site L1876
Erected 1994

Location: Livernois south of Wattles Rd
Troy, Oakland County

Topics:
Cities and Towns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.576271 W83.148153
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.