First Methodist Episcopal Church


First Methodist Episcopal Church photo of First Methodist Episcopal Church
In 1840, Flushing residents began holding religious services in James Seymour's sawmill. In 1842 the First Methodist Episcopal Church was organized. As part of the Flint River Circuit, the Methodists were ministered to by circuit riders. In 1846, James Seymour donated this site were three churches have been built. The first church, completed in 1848, burned in 1883 and was replaced later that year. The second church was razed in 1973, and the present church was erected.
 

Registered Site L1872
Erected 1992

Location: 413 E. Main St.
Flushing, Genesee County

Topics:
Methodist Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.062979 W83.850578
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.