Oak Park Methodist Episcopal Church


Oak Park Methodist Episcopal Church photo of Oak Park Methodist Episcopal Church
Flint automotive giants William C. Durant and J. Dallas Dort donated this land for a Methodist Episcopal church on Flint's growing north side, Between 1900 and 1910, the population tripled, spurred by the formation of General Motors in 1908. The Reverend Frank M. Field organized the Oak Park Methodist Episcopal Church on July 18, 1909. Flint architects George M. Edwards and James F. Sterling designed the Neo-Gothic structure. The congregation dedicated the chapel on May 15, 1910, and the main church October 8, 1916. An addition containing a library, a chapel, and office was built in 1969.
 

Registered Site L1861
Erected 1997

Location: 2125 North Saginaw
Flint, Genesee County


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.035651 W83.693728
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.