Saint John's Evangelical Lutheran Church


Saint John's Evangelical Lutheran Church photo of Saint John
In 1860 the Reverend A. D. Herzberger of Monroe chartered this church with twenty-two members. The predominantly German congregation worshipped in a schoolhouse until the first church was completed in 1863. The present Gothic church, originally crowned with a 125-foot-high steeple, was dedicated on November 9, 1890. Two dedicatory services were held, one in German and the other in English. The last German service was held in 1945.
 

Registered Site L1837
Erected 1994

Location: 460 Riley St.
Dundee, Monroe County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.952747 W83.665148
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.