Redford Township School District No. 9


Redford Township School District No. 9 photo of Redford Township School District No. 9
In 1874 Redford Township School District No. 9 bought an acre of land from Eugenius and Abigail Hodge and erected this school. Named Beech School, it served the Beech Park settlement that sprang up here and adjacent to the Detroit, Lansing & Lake Michigan Railroad. The school was built to accommodate sixty children - although only fifty residents lived in the settlement at the time - and was the largest in the township. Classes were held in Beech School until 1952. The building has housed meetings of the Masonic lodge and the Boy Scouts of America, served as school offices and storage facilities, and as the headquarters for the Association of Retarded Sitizens. In 1988 the South Redford School District sold the property to a private developer.
 

Registered Site L1826
Erected 1991

Location: 12259 Beech Daly Rd.
Redford Township, Wayne County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.375916 W83.2951
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.