Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Sion Church


Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Sion Church photo of Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Sion Church
During the 1870s, Swedish Pioneers arrived in Bay County. By 1880 many Swedes had settled in West Bay City. In October of that year, fifty people organized the Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Sion Church, affiliated with the Augustana synod. A year later, a church and parsonage were built here on land donated by lumberman Henry W. Sage. In 1938 then church was renamed Messiah Evangelical Lutheran Church. The present building was completed in 1956.
 

Registered Site L1779
Erected 1990

Location: 501 South Catherine Street
Bay City, Bay County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.5971955 W83.9010536
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.