John Wesley Conant House


John Wesley Conant House photo of John Wesley Conant House
John W. and Alice Conant of New York purchased land near Denton in 1833, and built this house soon after. During World War II, when the original site was condemned to make way for the Willow Run Bomber Plant, the family moved the house to its present location. Five generations of Conants have lived in the simple Greek Revival house. Virtually unaltered since a wing was added in the 1870s, it remains an excellent example of architecture from Michigan's settlement period.
 

Registered Site L1700
Erected 1992

Location: 5683 Napier Rd.
Salem Township, Washtenaw County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.360353 W83.54808
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.