Central Reformed Church


Central Reformed Church photo of Central Reformed Church
Central Reformed Church was formed on April 23, 1918, by the merger of the first two Reformed churches in the Grand Rapids area: the First Reformed, an English-speaking church organized in 1840; and the Second Reformed, a Dutch-speaking church established in 1849. The new congregation chose to worship in the home of the First Reformed Church on the corner of Fountain and Barclay streets. On October 31, 1919, the Reverend John A. Dykstra became the church's first pastor.
 

Registered Site L1683
Erected 1989

Location: 10 College Avenue NE
Grand Rapids, Kent County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.963245 W85.656844
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.