First Presbyterian Church of Northville


First Presbyterian Church of Northville photo of First Presbyterian Church of Northville
In 1829 former members of the Farmington Church organized this church, originally named the First Presbyterian Church of Plymouth. In 1835-1836 a frame church was built here on land donated by D. L. Cady. A New England-inspired brick church opened in 1849 and was first remodeled under the Reverend James Dubaer who served from 1851-1875. Subsequent additions have included a new sanctuary, built in 1969. The original brick church is now undetectable within the present structure.
 

Registered Site L1665
Erected 1989

Location: 200 East Main
Northville, Wayne County

Topics:
Presbyterian Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.4311204 W83.4805825
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.