Warren Township District No. 4 School


Warren Township District No. 4 School photo of Warren Township District No. 4 School
This building was commonly named the Bunert School, for August and Mine Bunert, who sold the land to Warren School District No. 4 in January 1875. The school was built later that year on the north east corner of the intersection of Bunert and Martin roads. When classes ceased on 1944, it was the longest-serving one-room school in Warren. In 1987 the board-and-batten building was donated to the Warren Historical Society which moved it to this site and restored it as a museum.
 

Registered Site L1654
Erected 1992

Location: 27600 Bunert Road at Martin
Warren, Macomb County

Topics:
Museums
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.4984379 W82.9766517
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.