Cherry Hill School


Cherry Hill School photo of Cherry Hill School
In 1876 this Italianate schoolhouse replaced a log schoolhouse, built in 1836 and known officially as Canton Fractional No. 1 School. In 1944, Henry Ford, who operated a small factory in Cherry Hill, paid for an addition to this building as well as for the salary for a second teacher. The school became part of the Greenfield Village School System where students benefited from art, music and dance curricula. Cherry Hill School was absorbed into the Plymouth School District in 1955.
 

Registered Site L1638
Erected 1991

Location: 50440 Cherry Hill Rd
Canton, Wayne County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.3062905 W83.5362517
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.