Ray Township District School No. 1


Ray Township District School No. 1 photo of Ray Township District School No. 1
In 1863 Ray area farmers built what became known popularly as Mill School. Kindergarten through eighth grade students attended here until 1953. That year the school district consolidated with Romeo School District and it transferred the property to the township. Elections and community meetings were held in the building for many years. In 1983 the simple Greek Revival-style School became the Ray Township Library.
 

Opposite side of the marker is Religious Society Church.

Registered Site L1624
Erected 2002

Location: 64255 Wolcott Road
Ray Township, Macomb County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.7696792 W82.9283612
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.