First Presbyterian Church


First Presbyterian Church photo of First Presbyterian Church
Originally built in 1857 with a single, central spire, the First Presbyterian Church was greatly enlarged and rededicated in 1899. Detroit architect Julius Hess redesigned the church, using the original sanctuary walls, and added a columned entrance portal and twin towers. The cupola-topped towers are reminiscent of English Baroque churches, yet the interior and overall design reflect Renaissance architecture. The rose window was made by Tiffany & Co. of New York.
 

Registered Site L1615
Erected 1993

Location: 300 N. Washington St.
Ypsilanti, Washtenaw County

Topics:
Presbyterian Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.2449660 W83.6144623
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.