Gilford United Methodist Church


Gilford United Methodist Church photo of Gilford United Methodist Church
In 1887 a camp meeting led by the Reverend David Arnold resulted in the establishment of the Gilford United Brethren in Christ Church. Henry Shannon and John Cragg had invited Arnold to preach to area settlers. In 1889, Charles and Naomi Phipps donated land for a church building. Church members laid the cornerstone that year. In 1968, through a merger with the Methodist denomination, the name became the Gilford United Methodist Church.
 

Registered Site L1614
Erected 1989

Location: 35 North Bradleyville Rd.
Gilford Township, Tuscola County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.4950321 W83.6218571
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.