Mouth Cemetery


Mouth Cemetery photo of Mouth Cemetery
The earliest identified grave in this cemetery, the oldest burial ground in White River Township, dates from 1851. According to an 1850 deed, however there were graves here prior to that time. Seventy-six nineteenth century burials are marked, although remnants of wooden crosses found on the site may have indicated other graves. Many of the area's pioneers are interred here including William Robinson, the first keeper of the White River Light, who died in 1919, and Quismoqua Anderson, an Ottawa woman who died at age 110 years in 1897.
 

Drive back to the cemetery is not for the faint of heart.

Registered Site L1600
Erected 1994

Location: 1/4 mi N of Old Channel on Indian Bay then West on Sunset Ln.
White River Township, Muskegon County

Topics:
Cemeteries


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.3862126 W86.4219760
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.