Jamestown Reformed Church


Jamestown Reformed Church photo of Jamestown Reformed Church
Completed in 1828, this church was designed by the Grand Rapids architectural firm of John and George Daverman that planned several Reformed and Christian Reformed churches in western Michigan in the early twentieth century. Jamestown's settlers originally traveled four miles to Forest Grove in order to attend services at the Reformed church. In 1889 The Classis of Holland approved a petition from the Jamestown parishioners to form their own congregation, which they named the Second Reformed Church of Jamestown. The first church building was dedicated in 1891 and it was used until December 24, 1927, when it burned. Rather than rebuild, the congregation decided to construct the present church, which in 1937 was reincorporated as the Jamestown Reformed Church.
 

Registered Site L1520
Erected 1989

Location: 2340 Riley St
Jamestown, Ottawa County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.825687 W85.840147
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.