Pioneer Cemetery


Pioneer Cemetery photo of Pioneer Cemetery
Upon the death of his daughter in 1832, John Thomas donated part of his farm to the township to form a public burying ground. He gave an adjacent parcel to the Presbyterians who built a church there in 1837. Although nonsectarian, the cemetery became known as the United Presbyterian Church Cemetery. All but seven grave date from the nineteenth century. One of Southfield's first settlers, Isaac Heth, is buried here. The last interment was in 1926.
 

Registered Site L1476
Erected 1989

Location: Lahser Rd North of Ten Mile
Southfield, Oakland County

Topics:
Cemeteries


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.4768548 W83.2607111
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.