First United Methodist Church


First United Methodist Church photo of First United Methodist Church
First United Methodist Church, one of the oldest congregations in Genesee County, began with services held in Lewis Buckingham's home in 1836. The Reverend Luther D. Whitney, a Flint circuit rider and nine other people, organized the congregation in 1838. Their first church, built in 1850, was moved to Genesee Street in 1865-66. The Reverend Seth Reed, a patriarch of Michigan Methodism, dedicated the congregation's present Gothic Revival church on January 31, 1886.
 

Registered Site L1444
Erected 1988

Location: 808 Genesee Street
Mt Morris, Genesee County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.119295 W83.692294
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.