Boyne City United Methodist Church


Boyne City United Methodist Church photo of Boyne City United Methodist Church
In 1874 the Reverend Andrew Wiggins and twelve pioneers organized the Methodist Episcopal Church of Boyne City, near Deer Lake. In 1883, Zachariah Morgan and his wife, Mary, donated land on which to build a church. The first church was built on this site in 1894. In 1905 teams of horses were used to haul the church away to make room for the present structure. The Grand Rapids architectural firm of Osgood and Osgood designed this church, which was completed in 1906 at a cost of $13,000.
 

Registered Site L1443
Erected 1989

Location: 324 South Park Street
Boyne City, Charlevoix County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.21781 W85.012978
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.