Masonic Block


Masonic Block photo of Masonic Block
Built in 1899-1900, the Masonic Block was designed by Edward R. Prail. The Rochester Building Association raised funds for the project. Among its leaders were William Clark Chapman, general manager of Western Knitting Mills and twentieth village president; Enos R. Matthews, ninth village president and former Avon Township supervisor; and Harvey J. Taylor, a local hardware dealer and farmer. The building's earliest tenants included the Rochester Savings Bank, the U.S. Post Office and the Free and Accepted Masons.
 

Registered Site L1442
Erected 1988

Location: NE Corner Main and Fourth St.
Rochester, Oakland County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.680550 W83.133333
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.