John T. Herrmann House


John T. Herrmann House photo of John T. Herrmann House
This English Tudor house was built in 1893 for John T. Herrmann, a Lansing tailor. Herrmann immigrated to Lansing from Bernsberg, Germany in 1872 with his wife, Katharine, and two children Henry and Christian, In 1878 John Herrmann opened the Herrmann Merchant Tailor Shop. After Herrmann's death in 1898, his sons took over the business. Designed by Lansing architect J. Arthur Bailey, this house remained in the Herrmann family until Lansing Community College purchased in in 1966 and renamed it the Herrmann Conference Center.
 

Registered Site L1430
Erected 1987

Location: 520 North Capital
Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.738868 W84.553918
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.