Watrousville United Methodist Church


Watrousville United Methodist Church photo of Watrousville United Methodist Church
Circuit riders, who traveled through local villages, served the Watrousville United Methodist Church when it was established in 1856. The congregation became known as the Wastrousville Charge in 1861. In 1865 the first trustees of the congregation then called the First Methodist Society of Watrousville, were elected. Construction on the congregation's first church began in 1871 and was completed in 1873. The church burned on October 31, 1937, and a near replica was built in 1938 on the same site.
 

Registered Site L1425
Erected 1987

Location: 4446 West Caro Rd
Watrousville, Tuscola County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.452003 W83.520564
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.