Charles W. Nash


Charles W. Nash photo of Charles W. Nash
This Queen Anne style house built circa 1890, was owned by automotive pioneer Charles W. Nash (1864-1948). Born in Illinois, Nash worked on area farms before forming a successful hay processing firm, "Adams and Nash," in 1882. He was hired by the Flint Road Cart Company as a cushion stuffer at $1.00 a day in 1890. He later became general-manager and vice president of the Durant-Dort Carriage Company, general-manager of the Buick Motors Company (1910) and president of Buick and the General Motors Corporation (1912). In 1916 he formed the Nash Motor Company.
 

Registered Site L1397
Erected 1988

Location: 307 Mason Street
Flint, Genesee County

Topics:
Prominent People


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.017202 W83.696193
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.