Fenton United Methodist Church


Fenton United Methodist Church photo of Fenton United Methodist Church
In March 1837 the Reverend Washington Jackson formed a Methodist congregation in Dibbleville (present day Fenton) at the home of Levi Warren. Warren donated land and the first church was built in 1853. Its brick walls collapsed during the construction of a basement. A new brick church was built in 1869 and it burned in 1929. In 1930 the congregation laid the cornerstone for the present church, the third on this site. After delays during the Depression, this Neo-gothic church was dedicated in 1938.
 

Registered Site L1387
Erected 1989

Location: 119 South Leroy Street
Fenton, Genesee County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.796185 W83.704671
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.