Center Eaton United Methodist Church


Center Eaton United Methodist Church photo of Center Eaton United Methodist Church
On November 30, 1878, the local Methodist class purchased land for a church from Benjamin and Catherine Spotts for $25.00. Church men cut and hewed the logs for the building. The Reverend B. E. Paddock dedicated the church on November 10, 1881. Luren D. Dickinson, governor of Michigan from 1939 to 1940, taught Sunday school here both before and during his tenure as governor. From 1918 to 1955 the church sponsored Lulu Tubbs a missionary in Southern Rhodesia, which became Zimbabwe.
 

Registered Site L1371
Erected 1987

Location: 2145 Narrow Lake Rd.
Eaton Township, Eaton County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.533454 W84.791335
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.