Greenbush United Methodist Church


Greenbush United Methodist Church photo of Greenbush United Methodist Church
The Reverend William Benson organized a Methodist class for this area in 1849. This class, which had seven members, held its first worship service in a log school south of Eureka. Later it met in the Sherwood School and the Keystone Grange Hall. Following a revival service conducted by the Reverend James Connolly in 1895, the class decided to build a permanent church. The present church was completed as a cost of $4,000 and dedicated on August 28, 1898.
 

Registered Site L1370
Erected 1988

Location: Scott and Marshall Roads
Greenbush Township, Clinton County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.0818892 W84.5439577
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.