Fred A. Baker House


Fred A. Baker House photo of Fred A. Baker House
In 1890, Fred A. Baker, an attorney and former state legislator, purchased 320 acres of land in Royal Oak Township. He developed the land into the Black Meadow Dairy Farm, one of the area's largest dairies. This Colonial Revival house was built in 1896 on his farm across LaSalle Street. It was moved to this site in 1916 when Baker and several associates formed the Baker Land Company and subdivided the farm into the Bronx subdivision, one of the city's oldest neighborhoods.
 

Registered Site L1360
Erected 1990

Location: 10505 LaSalle Boulevard
Huntington Woods, Oakland County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.487426 W83.168536
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.