Michigan and Ohio Railroad Depot


Michigan and Ohio Railroad Depot photo of Michigan and Ohio Railroad Depot
A grand celebration and a baseball game greeted the Michigan and Ohio Railroad when its track reached Moscow on September 4, 1883. This Stick Style station, completed the following month, was "quite an ornament to the place," according to the Hillsdale Standard. The two-room depot serviced mail, freight, and passengers for the two freight and two passenger trains passing through Moscow each day on the Michigan and Ohio's Allegan - Toledo line. In 1887 the Cincinnati, Jackson and Mackinaw Railroad purchased the Michigan and Ohio and its depots. Successive railroad companies maintained the depot until around 1930 when the New York Central closed the line. In 1933 the building became the Moscow Township Hall.
 

Registered Site L1310
Erected 2000

Location: 7324 E. Chicago Road
Moscow, Hillsdale County

Topics:
Transportation


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.049962 W84.509735
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.