Ladies Library Association


Ladies Library Association photo of Ladies Library Association
On July 28, 1869, eight Traverse City women organized the Ladies Library Association. In 1878 the association purchased its first building at 205 East Front Street. In 1909 the association sold that building and retained Fred E. Moore as architect and E. E. Buckner as contractor to build the present structure. The cornerstone and time capsule were put into place on July 23, 1909. This building was used as a library until 1949. It served the city until 1983. In 1986 it was renovated for private law offices.
 

Registered Site L1309
Erected 1987

Location: 2216 Cass Ave
Traverse City, Grand Traverse County

Topics:
Clubs and Organizations


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N44.747842 W85.620717
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.