Palmyra Presbyterian Church


Palmyra Presbyterian Church photo of Palmyra Presbyterian Church
Sixteen persons from Presbyterian congregations in Tecumseh, Blissfield and Adrian founded this church in 1836. The following year the Reverend John Walker became their minister. They held services in a schoolhouse on the west side of the River Raisin. In 1842-43 the congregation erected its first church. In 1861 the present structure was completed. Much of the labor and materials were donated. Originally designed in the form of a New England meetinghouse, the building has been remodeled several times.
 

Registered Site L1284
Erected 1986

Location: 6730 Palmyra Road
Palmyra, Lenawee County

Topics:
Presbyterian Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.859286 W83.931827
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.