The Rucker-Stanton House


The Rucker-Stanton House photo of The Rucker-Stanton House
This vernacular house was built by John A. Rucker, Jr., in 1848. Rucker was the great-grandson of William Macomb, who with his brother, Alexander, purchased Grosse Ile from 4 Indian tribes on July 6, 1776. In 1873 Robert Lee Stanton, Rucker's cousin, bought the house. Between 1897 and 1898 a large rear wing was added. The house was still owned and occupied by descendants of Alexander and William Macomb in 1987, the year of Michigan's Sesquicentennial.
 

Registered Site L1280
Erected 1987

Location: 21719 West River Road
Grosse Ile, Wayne County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.150497 W83.166102
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.