The Players


The Players photo of The Players
The Players, a Detroit gentlemen's amatuer theatre club founded in 1911, opened this playhouse in 1926. The handsome building was created by club members William E. Kapp, architect, Corrado Parducci, stone sculptor, and Paul Honore, muralist. The playhouse, built in the style of the sixteenth-century English Renaissance, was one of the earliest major structures in the area to use cinder block laid in ashlar on its interior walls to give the appearance of cut stone. It has been in continual use as a playhouse since its completion.
 

Registered Site L1262
Erected 1987

Location: 3321 East Jefferson Ave
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Theaters, Halls, and Arenas


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.34203 W83.0143
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.