First Presbyterian Church of Caro


First Presbyterian Church of Caro photo of First Presbyterian Church of Caro
Twelve person organized the First Presbyterian Church of Caro in December 1878. The Reverend Edward P. Clark, the Presbyterian minister at Vassar, conducted the organizational meeting with the assistance of the Reverend R.P. Shaw of Bedford, Indiana. For the first year, this small group of Presbyterians held their worship and prayer services in the homes of members. Then, in 1880, they erected their first house of worship on Lincoln and Pearl streets. The present limestone and brick church was begun in 1902 and dedicated on December 13, 1903. It has had no structural alterations since construction. A regal structure, it features a corner tower and stained-glass windows.
 

Registered Site L1257
Erected 1985

Location: 215 North Almer
Caro, Tuscola County

Topics:
Presbyterian Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.491224 W83.397126
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.