Union Pump Company


Union Pump Company photo of Union Pump Company
In 1884, A. E. Preston, John Heyser, Edward Keet and James Gridley opened a small machine shop in the basement of a wagon shop. There they manufactured woodworking and ironworking machinery. The company incorporated on May 22, 1885, when D. W. Lovell joined the founders. In 1893 the company relocated here. By 1894 the firm, originally known as the Union Manufacturing Company, was capitalized as $75,000 and wholly engaged in the manufacturing of steam pumps. The present name, Union Pump Company, was adopted in 1959.
 

Formerly at 87 Capitol.

Registered Site L1225
Erected 1985

Location: 4600 W. Dickman Street
Battle Creek, Calhoun County

Topics:
Business & Industry


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.337352 W85.275777
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.