Cass Community United Methodist Church


Cass Community United Methodist Church photo of Cass Community United Methodist Church
This monumental structure typifies Richardsonian Romanesque ecclesiastic architecture. The original 1883 portion was designed by Mason and Rice for the Cass Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, founded in 1880. The 1891 east addition is the work of Malcomson and Higginbotham. Of special significance are the colorful Tiffany stained glass windows and the Johnson - Tracker church organ, thought to be the largest nineteenth-century pipe organ in Michigan. The congregation has a reputation for fostering community outreach programs since its founding.
 

Registered Site L1224
Erected 1986

Location: 3901 Cass Avenue
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.348302 W83.062405
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.