Almont Society of the New Church


Almont Society of the New Church photo of Almont Society of the New Church
Scottish immigrants from Glascow settled in Berlin Township in 1841. Ten years later, twenty-four of them founded the Almont Society of the New Church. They followed the teachings of Emanuel Swedenborg (1688 - 1772), a Swedish mathematician, philosopher and scientist whose Christian theological writings form the basis of the New Church. In 1875 members donated labor, materials and money tho build this chapel, designed by church member William Morton.
 

Registered Site L1223
Erected 2000

Location: Cameron and Tubsprings Roads
Allenton, Saint Clair County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.9379515 W82.9754877
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.