Vermontville United Methodist Church


Vermontville United Methodist Church photo of Vermontville United Methodist Church
A Methodist class was organized in this area in 1845. Early worship services, held in private homes and local services were conducted by preachers traveling the Eaton circuit. In 1859 the Michigan Methodist Conference made Vermontville a separate charge and installed the Reverend Josiah Fowler as its pastor. In 1862 this church was constructed at a site two miles northeast of this location. It was moved here in 1877. After the completion of renovation, including the addition of a belfry and tower, the church was rededicated on this site on January 8, 1878. The handsome Late Victorian style church with its pointed-arch stained glass windows is the home of one of the town's oldest religious organizations.
 

Registered Site L1218
Erected 1986

Location: 108 North Main St.
Vermontville, Eaton County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.629568 W85.024855
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.