Constantine United Methodist Church


Constantine United Methodist Church photo of Constantine United Methodist Church
Methodism began in Meek's Mill (Constantine) in 1829 when the Reverend Erastus Felton came from the Ohio Methodist Episcopal Conference as a circuit rider to the St. Joseph Mission. This congregation, the earliest in Constantine, was organized in 1831 under the ministry of the Reverend Leonard Gurley. In 1848, the congregation erected a small brick church, which served until the present Gothic style structure was built. Dedicated on December 1, 1878, the church was remodeled in 1955.
 

Registered Site L1190
Erected 1986

Location: 285 White Pigeon St
Constantine, Saint Joseph County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.840862 W85.6665
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.