Community Library


Community Library photo of Community Library
The Ladies Library Association raised the funds to build this Classical Revival style building, which was completed in 1910. After serving as a private library for thirty-eight years, it was sold to the Richland Rural Agricultural School (1948) and then to the First Presbyterian Church (1959). In 1981 the Richland Community Library Board purchased it. Through a community fund-raising campaign, the building was renovated and became the public library for Richland Township in 1983.
 

Registered Site L1189
Erected 1987

Location: 8951 Park Street
Richland, Kalamazoo County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.376898 W85.455649
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.