Morgan B. Hungerford House


Morgan B. Hungerford House photo of Morgan B. Hungerford House
This Late Victorian house, designed by Darius B. Moon was built by Morgan B. Hungerford in 1880. Hungerford (1830-1903) had arrived in the area in 1858. He farmed a large tract of land in what is now west Lansing and served one term as justice of the peace for Lansing Township. In 1958 Lansing realtor Marguerite Moore restored the house as a residence and office. It became an administrative office building of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan in 1984.
 

Buildings Designed by Darius Moon
Delta Center Methodist Church
Morgan B. Hungerford House
Rogers-Carrier House
Turner-Dodge House
Woodberry-Kerns House


Registered Site L1185
Erected 1987

Location: 602 West Ionia
Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.735988 W84.560231
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.