United Methodist Church


United Methodist Church photo of United Methodist Church
This handsome Romanesque structure was completed in 1897 for the Methodist Protestant Church of Columbiaville. Local Methodists, with the assistance of circuit riders, had organized the church some forty years earlier. In 1865 the congregation erected a parsonage. They held church services there until 1880, when their first church was built. That early church was struck by lightning and burned in 1896. The following year, this red brick church was completed on the same site at cost of $3,000. It has also been used for school graduation and baccalaureate ceremonies and other community gatherings.
 

Registered Site L1162
Erected 1986

Location: 4696 Pine Street
Columbiaville, Lapeer County

Topics:
Methodist Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.1557744 W83.4099787
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.