Parma and Sheridan No. 7 School


Parma and Sheridan No. 7 School photo of Parma and Sheridan No. 7 School
In 1839 New York natives Deodatus and Serena Wright settled in Parma Township along the Territorial Road (present-day Comdon Road). In 1870 the Wrights sold a parcel of their farmland, which included this site, to School District No. 7 of Parma and Sheridan townships. Soon thereafter, this schoolhouse was built, replacing an earlier wooden structure located across the road. Classes were held in "Wright School" until 1967. The township purchased the property in 1980.
 

Marker and school building moved to Miller Park in Eaton Rapids by the Eaton Rapids Historical Society. Click here

Formerly located at 2388 Eaton Rapids Road, Albion, Mi.

Registered Site L1105
Erected 1993

Location: 635 State Rd.
Eaton Rapids, Eaton County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.510529645 W84.64331746
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.