Blacksmith Shop


Blacksmith Shop photo of Blacksmith Shop
In 1877 local masons built this shop in eight days. Its first owner, William F. Neebling, built wagons and followed the blacksmith trade until 1909, when he sold the business to Theodore Morschheuser. John F. Schneider apprenticed to Morschheuser in 1911 and bought the shop in 1922. Schneider worked as a blacksmith until his death in 1952. The building, one of Michigan's last intact main-street blacksmith shops, was purchased by the Manchester Area Historical Society in 1982.
 

Registered Site L1086
Erected 1983

Location: 324 East Main St
Manchester, Washtenaw County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.1503 W84.037542
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.