Fractional District No. 9 School


Fractional District No. 9 School photo of Fractional District No. 9 School
Known as the Cook School, this structure was built in 1890 near the corner of present-day Mack Avenue and Lochmoor Boulevard. Slated for demolition, it was moved to this site in 2006. The stickwork in the gable distinguishes the building from many other one-room schools. Children from Gratiot and Grosse Pointe Townships attended the school until 1922 when the district combined with four others to form the Rural Agricultural School District No. 1.
 

Registered Site L1076
Erected 2008

Location: 20025 Mack Plaza
Grosse Pointe Woods, Wayne County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.432995195 W82.91018128
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.