Ortonville Methodist Episcopal Church


Ortonville Methodist Episcopal Church photo of Ortonville Methodist Episcopal Church
In June 1850 an eleven-member Methodist class was organized here as the Hadley Circuit of the Detroit District. B. F. Prichard was the pastor; M. H. Filmore, the class leader; and James Shaw, the presiding elder. That year the group built a stone church on Washburn Road, which it used until the present church was erected just north of this site in 1879. That church was moved here in 1887 and enlarged and remodeled in 1961. The oldest church building in Ortonville, it has a gable roof and a center bell tower.
 

Registered Site L1066
Erected 1988

Location: 93 Church Street
Ortonville, Oakland County

Topics:
Methodist Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.854385 W83.442826
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.