George W. Lowry House


George W. Lowry House photo of George W. Lowry House
Oakland County physician George W. Lowry (1850-1922) purchased this lot and a medical practice from Dr. William A. Upjohn in 1887. In 1892-1894 he built one of Hasting's finest residences, which also housed his medical office. The asymmetrical composition, stately turret, decorative bargeboards and spindlework typify Queen Anne architecture. In 1922 Dr. Haroutoune A. Adrounie (1882-1936) purchased the house and Lowry's practice. Dr. Adrounie's wife, Dorothy, lived in the house until her death in 1988.
 

Registered Site L1027
Erected 1992

Location: 126 S. Broadway
Hastings, Barry County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.648933 W85.290638
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.