St. Paul's


St. Paul's photo of St. Paul
When the Reverend William A. Clark D.D., purchased his land in Brighton Township, he set aside an acre as a church site and established a cemetery near it. In 1837 he organized an Episcopal group and conducted its first services in his orchard. The group worshipped in rented quarters for over forty years before it erected this church. Ernest W. Arnold designed the English style structure, which was built by local contractor James Collett. The church was completed in 1881. Reverend Clark's son, John, officiated at the first service.
 

Registered Site L1011
Erected 1983

Location: St. Paul Street at West
Brighton, Livingston County

Topics:
Episcopal Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.5301206 W83.7821084
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.